Some days ago I found that My Android Device (SPICE MI 506) is upgraded to Android 4.4.2 KitKat but there is no notification and upgrade option in my Device so I decided to Upgrade it Manually, Next day I downloaded all required files and Upgraded to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.Now after some Research, reading some guides and with my own experience, I am going to show You that How to Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone.Ever wondered How to Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone? Follow all steps one by one Carefully to flash your phone without risk and to reduce the chances of brick.Flashing and Upgrading are risky, but Reward Never Comes Without Risk. I personally used it hundreds of time without damaging my device.
All In One Guide to Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone
How to Know that Your Android Smartphone is having MTK Chipset or not?
- know your Chipset With a tiny Android App:-
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search “CPU-Z” in it and Download it.
- When the Application is Installed, Open the app and you will see all your phones and hardware components models.
- On the Main Screen, you will see about 5 menu buttons at the top Click on SOC (System on Chips)
- On the SOC menu, you will see the chip and model of your device boldly written at the top portion of your screen.
Rating: 4.5 – 261,185 votes – Free
- Method 2 is very simple, and it is the only way to know your smartphone’s chipset, when your phone is Bricked or not Accessible.In this method, you just have to type Smartphone’s Brand name and Model number on the Google Search Bar and click on Search button.By using this method you will get all of the information about your Smartphone very Easily.
Now if your Smartphone is having MTK Chipset follow the guide otherwise check our other guides:-
- How to Flash MTK Android Smartphone
- How to Flash Qualcomm Android Smartphone
- How to Flash Exynos Android Smartphone
Now After confirming that your Smartphone is Having MTK Chipset just go to these sites (GSM FORUM or NEEDROM )and search the flash files of your device.Navigate to BRAND and then your desired model.Match and check the Android version, if you found updated version then congratulate you can upgrade your android device.
Must follow these Important Points before Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone
- Brand and Model must be same Otherwise you can Brick your Smart Phone.
- Never Downgrade Android Version of your Smart Phone.
- Before trying anything Make a complete Backup of your data and your system first.(Highly recommended)because all data of your device will be deleted.
Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone Using SP Flash Tool
SP Flash ToolSP FLASH Tool is an Android-based flashing software.SP Flash tool can modify the overall system of your Android device.It is used to Flash, manually update, format and backup operations for most of the Android devices.This is also used to Unbrick Your smartphone.*Never use Formate Option it will delete everything, Everything means Everything system data, partition data etc and your phone will be hard bricked.so never use format option if it is not necessary.
- Your Smartphone must be >70% charged.
- A windows PC/lappy with USB VCOM driver installed.You can download the USB VCOM driver for all MTK device from HERE or HERE or you can search and download from Google.
- Download SP FLASH Tool from HERE
- Download flash files for your Android Smart Phone from GSM FORUM or NEEDROM (you can also donate these very helpful sites for their hard work, all details are given on their page)
- Winrar to extract all downloaded files.
- Make a complete backup of your data and system before attempting all the following process.
- Make everything ready and connect your device to your PC through data cable and allow all driver installation.if you find any error then just install all the drivers from the given links.
- Unplug the USB cable from the device.
- Download and Extract SP Flash Tool and extract it to your PC Hard disk.
- Download Flash Files From Above Link and extract it on your PC.
- Run flash_tool.exe from MTK Flash tool folder.
- Click on scatter loading, then navigate to the scatter.txt of your device you can find it in the extracted Folder (step 5).(see above picture=Point1)
- Now regions of your device will be loaded.
- If you are upgrading then Make sure that all the boxes are checked (see above picture=Point2) and Firmware Upgrade option is selected from drop-down menu.(see in above picture=Point 4)
- Now switch off your Smart Phone Remove Battery and Reinsert it.
- Connect it to PC through USB.
- And Click on the Download Option in SP Flash Tool.(see in above picture=Point3)
- In the Progress bar of SP Flash tool first, a blue/Purple bar will appear then red and then yellow. it will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- if success then Download OK window will appear.
- Now Unplug the USB cable from the device remove the battery and reinsert it and Press the Power button.It will take almost 2-5 minutes to boot up.so just watch the Screen and wait for the first look at your Android Home Screen.
- Your phone is successfully flashed.
- It’s simple isn’t it?^_^
**DISCLAIMER: Above method about Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone are working and having good success, but do it at your own risk we are not responsible for any damage or brick**
That’s All, Now you know that “How to Flash or Manually Upgrade Your MTK Smartphone” With The Help our post and SP Flash Tool.
“** If you don’t have Custom Recovery On Your Android Smart Phone Then Make a Custom recovery.img with My Previous Post Make Custom Recovery For Any Android Device**” And Feel Free to comment and Share.