How To Solve Invalid IMEI and Serial Number Problems of Any Android Smartphone
Recently, I used SP flash tool to flash Stock rom on my Micromax A47. After That, I selected By mistake, Format, and Download option ( normally we just download ) and flashed the Stock rom. Flashing was successfully completed but After successful flashing, I noticed that the IMEI number become invalid and serial number of the device was turned to 00000000. After many trials and methods I fixed the invalid IMEI number problem. And Now I am posting this tutorial on How To Solve Invalid IMEI and Serial Number Problems of Any Android Smartphone.This tutorial will show you Two Working and personally tested Methods to repair the invalid IMEI on an MTK / MediaTek phone.
For Qualcomm Devices visit here:-
How to Know that Your Android Smartphone is an MTK Device or Not?
- Method 1: With a tiny Android App:-
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search “CPU-Z” in it and Download it.
- When the Application is Installed, Open the app and you will see all your phones and hardware components models.
- On the Main Screen, you will see about 5 menu buttons at the top Click on SOC (System on Chips)
- On the SOC menu, you will see the chip and model of your device boldly written at the top portion of your screen.
Rating: 4.5 – 261,185 votes – Free
- Method 2 is very simple and it is the only way to know that Your phone is MTK Device or not, when your phone is Bricked or not Accessible.In this method, you just have to type Smartphone’s Brand name and Model number on the Google Search Bar and click on Search button.By using this method you will get all of the information about your Smartphone Easily.
Now next thing we have to do is:-
- Find IMEI and Serial No. of Your Device:-
- If IMEI and SN is Not Lost than,
- Method 1: – Dail *#06# To check Your IMEI number, To check Serial Number Go to settings>About Phone>Status.
- Method 2: – Uncle mobile tool -> Device Information to check the serial number.
- If IMEI and SN is Lost than,
- Method 3: – You Can find the IMEI of your Device, on the box of your phone or information under the battery. In some cases, a dual SIM phone will have the same IMEI for both SIM slots.In this case, your carrier doesn’t allow this, or if you have some other reason you need to change the stock IMEI, you may need to generate/calculate /find a new IMEI with the correct checksum
Method 1.How To Solve Invalid IMEI and Serial Number Problems (Temporary)
We’ll start with one of the easiest methods. It requires a simple app, a few taps, and one line command. Before we start. No Pc or Driver Required in this Method but Remember this will fix your Problem but whenever you format or flash your phone, you have to repeat this method again
- Download the
Price – Free
- install it and open it.
- Now click on MTK settings.
- Select CDS Information from the Connectivity tab
- Click On Radio Information
- Select the SIM you wish to change the IMEI on
- At the AT+ line for SIM 1, enter AT+EGMR=1, 7,FIRST-IMEI-NUMBER. For SIM 2, enter AT+EGMR=1,10,SECOND-IMEI-NUMBER,
After using above method you can easily Fix the invalid IMEI Problem but whenever you format or flash your phone, you have to repeat this method again.
Method 2.How to FIX IMEI and Serial Number (Permanently)
Steps For all Android (Root not Required) to fix IMEI and Serial Number Permanently:-
- Download and Extract the package of IMEI & SN Writer from HERE or Here
- Download the DB as well as GLU files for your mobile.from Here, Here or Final Here and place all three files in the same folder.
- Run IMEI and SN writer.exe file.
- In IMEI and SN writer Select smartphone and then USB from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Select DB’ and attach GLU file over there, First select the .src file and then download the .txt file.
- Now Select Serial Number, IMEI, Bluetooth, Wifi mac address in write item and write what numbers and values you want.
- Click on start and turn your phone off.
- Connect your phone in Switched off mode through USB data cable and wait till it flashes and done. An OK message will appear, it means You have Fixed IMEI and SN number Problem successfully.
15 Must Have Apps After Rooting Your Android Smart Phone
How to Make Custom Recovery For Any Android Device
That’s All, I Hope this Guide will Help you to “Solve Invalid IMEI and Serial Number”.This post is for educational purpose only. Here We guide you how to regain serial number to the one which is on your device box ( You should not change serial number to something else)SN consist warranty data so Using Different serial code for infinite warranty is not a good idea and it is also illegal.