Top 10 Android Tips and Tricks
Millions of apps, Updates, Roms, Stability, User friendly UI and also
its price makes it most popular Smartphone OS.
Last week i posted 10 Useful Android tips and tricks-Every New User should know about and Now I am Posting a sequel .If you’re ready to move onto some more tips for Your Android devices,you’ve come to the right place.Today we’ll cover some more tips & tricks for your Android Smartphone;
- Turn off your device.
- Hold down the Power button of the phone.
- When you see the boot screen logo, hold the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons at a same time until it finishes booting.
- You should now be in Safe Mode.
➣How to boot into Safe Mode on Android 4.1+
- Hold down the Power button of your phone until a popup appears (as above) .
- On the menu, hold down the Power Off option until a popup appears.
- Tap OK to reboot into Safe Mode.
- Now Your phone will be Booted in Safe Mode.
2: In developer options,below drawing there will be a option show
surface updates click the check box and then relax its done. Screen will
go crazy make it look like a virus
➣Step 3: Just Untick “Show Surface updates” option to bring back device to normal.
➣Then click “Shortcuts,”
➣Then”Direct dial” or “Direct message.”will appears.
➣Select “Direct dial” to call or “Direct message” to send quick message
➣After selecting Direct Dial all saved Contacts will appears.
➣Now Select Desired Contact
➣Selected Contact will appears on the screen as picture above .
Contacts with multiple lines might need multiple shortcuts, depending on which numbers you’re likeliest to call or message.
4.Find your phone if it’s lost or stolen
your Phone is Misplaced then Android Device Manager will help you in
this situation. It tracks down your gadget with GPS so you can go and
find it. If your phone is just lost, you can cause it to ring at full
volume or display a message on the lock screen.If you don’t lock your
phone, you can lock it remotely with a new password. Of-course, a savvy
thief would have used that time to take over already. In the absolute
worst case, you can wipe the personal information from your gadget. That
way, no thief can get it.
5.How to use your Google Maps offline
- Open Google Maps and search for your desired location.
- Once you’ve found the location/area you want to save for later then any method from the list of three.
- Method 1) Type “OK Maps” in the search bar.
- Method 2)Tap the microphone icon and say “OK maps”.
- Method 3)Tap the search bar, scroll all the way to the bottom, then and hit Save a new offline map.
better Quality and Use, Pan and zoom until you cover the area you want
to save for offline use, then tap Save and give the map a name.
- Tap the menu icon at the top left of Maps app.
- Then Your places.
to the bottom of the new screen, then you should see all your saved
maps under Saved places. Just tap the map you want to to view offline.
6.Scientific calculator in default calculator
am adding this trick because some of my friends don’t know that there
is a scientific calculator is inbuilt in default calculator and for some
very simple sin,cos & root calculation they downloaded a scientific
calculator app from play store.
to app drawer and open Default calculator app,when opened, then swipe
your finger Right to Left on the screen as shown in above picture. Thats it now you can use scientific calculator in default app.
Settings>Developer options , as shown above.Dalvik has been the default runtime environment of Android since its first public release.ART (Android RunTime) is a replacement for Dalvik that uses AOT (ahead of time) compilation, meaning your apps are compiled to a ready-to-run state before you even launch them, making the process of launching and using them much faster,Quicker and smoother. And since this would reduce their compilation frequency significantly, you can expect to start seeing better battery life.
While ART isn’t quite ready for prime time yet, an early version of the new runtime environment has been included in KitKat,and there are many apps which are not works good with ART. so Try it at their own risk.
sensors are sensitive enough to be able to distinguish between
walking steps, running steps, and steps being taken up the stairs.KitKat has both step recognition and step counting abilities. For Example Use any app like Pedometer to count steps or distance,calories & record everything about your health.
9.Save battery in the GPS settings
has a built-in setting that allows you to determine how you want your
phone to find your location and it’s a nice way to save
some juice. There are three different modes:
accuracy – highest battery use but best accuracy
- Battery saving – 60% -70% accuracy,but best option, if you want to find location and save bettery together.
- Device only – Use it If You Want to Save more battery.
➣2.Tap on “Mode”
10.Switch Between Launchers Fast