How To Delete or unlock Undeletable files or folder from Windows 10,8 or 7
Sometimes you are faced with an error when you try to delete a file or folder in your Widows PC or Lappy . It may be a Spyware, Malware, Ad-ware or any Trojan. In
some situations, the file is being used by the essential Windows
programs such as Windows Explorer, which prevents it from being removed.If You are a regular computer user then you’ve probably come across at least one of the following messages:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- The file is in use by another program or user
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
Some times stopping the process of file from Task Manager gives the ability to delete files.But If using Task Manager was unsuccessful, you can get rid of these files or folder and delete them forcibly by either completing the process manually or by downloading free and easy applications.
So as we already said that there are two way to delete these types of files permanently .
1.Using a free Software
- LockHunter – Foolproof File Unlocker
So with above method you can delete Undeletable files and folder from your pc.
- Malwarebytes FileASSASSIN – Delete Locked Files
IObit Unlocker is a light-weighted (only 2.34mb) yet powerful tool designed to fix the ‘Cannot Delete’ or ‘Access Denied’ problems. It can ‘Force’ terminate all related processes that prevent you from deleting or accessing files / folders that you need to.
Using the Command Prompt
- Go to the “Command Prompt.” You can find this be
going to “Start” and then typing “CMD” or “Command Prompt” without the
quotation marks into the search bar.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt.” This will prompt a drop down menu where you can select “Run as Administrator.You will need to have Admin Access in order to complete this method.
- Wait for a back window to appear. This is where you will input your command in order to delete a file.
- Enter your command. This command will look something like the following: .DEL /F /Q /A C:UsersYour usernameThe location of the fileName of the file you wish to delete.
- Press Enter. This will now permanently delete the file.
- For example if you are trying to delete a file named “abcde.exe,” the command will look like this: .DEL /F /Q /A C:UsersYour UsernameDesktopabcde.exe
So I hope After Using Any Of the Above Methode You will definitly delete the File or Folder which is undeletable through Windows Explorer..And Whenever you face these Errors then use any of the Above Methodes.
Warning: Please use caution with FileASSASSIN as deleting critical system files may cause system errors.