7 Best All in One File Explorer and Manager Apps For Android
A file manager or file browser is a program that provides a user interface to manage files and folders. The most common operations performed on files or groups of files include creating, opening (e.g. viewing, playing, editing or printing), renaming, moving or copying, deleting and searching for files, as well as modifying file attributes, properties, and file permissions. Folders and files may be displayed in a hierarchical tree based on their directory structure. Some file managers contain features inspired by web browsers, including forwarding and back navigational buttons.
Some file managers also provide network connectivity via protocols, such as FTP, NFS, SMB or WebDAV. This is achieved by allowing the user to browse for a file server (connecting and accessing the server’s file system like a local file system) or by providing its own full client implementations for file server protocols.
In Android Smartphone The Stock File Manager comes with very low features and limitation,Like We can’t see thumbnails of images and it makes browsing images and videos little bit confusing, We can’t browse Root Directory,We Can’t Pack Files and folders in a .zip file etc with the stock File Manager So Installing a Full featured File manager will be a good idea.
Now after Reading Above lines if you decided to install a File Manager on your Smartphone we have Prepared a list To Make the things easy For You, We have done some researches on the Net and Found Some very Good Apps, And after trying them We Found Top 7 best file manager and Explorer App for you so before installing any Apps Read our this post and if you find any app which will fulfill your Requirements and Install it from the given link.
7 Best All in One File Explorer and Manager apps:-
1.Amaze File Manager
Amaze File Manager is on the First position on our list due to the good and simple UI, updatesBasic+ Advanced Features and Some extra inbuilt tools. I know it is not as old as others but it is very good file manager and explorer and it is improving itself day by day with the update.Amaze File Manager is an Open Source, light, and smooth File Manager.It is Based on Material Design guidelines.It has all Basic features like cut, copy, delete, compress, extract etc.It Works on multiple tabs at the same time it supports SMB(windows) file sharing.
– Multiple themes with cool icons
– Navigation drawer for quick navigation- App Manager to open, backup, or directly uninstall any app- Quickly access history, access bookmarks or search for any file- Root explorer for advanced users- All features freely available without any ads
2.File Manager by Asus
It is compatible with almost all Android phones.So Manage your files efficiently and easily with ASUS File Manager! ASUS File Manager helps you handle all your files whether they are stored in your device’s memory, microSD card, local area network, and cloud storage accounts. ASUS File Manager allows you to copy, move, rename, delete or share files to and from any of your storage. It also lets you browse and access your files by category.
Key features Experience and enjoy these features that ASUS Manager has to offer: – Your light and savvy file explorer: Search, access, save, move, delete, or share files that are stored in your smart device’s internal storage to or from a microSD card, LAN, or Cloud storage accounts and vice-versa.- Access files in LAN and SMB: Manage files within your LAN (local area network) and SMB (Samba) network.- More storage options via Cloud storages: Supports cloud storage accounts such as ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive- Suave and smooth multimedia streamlining: Stream multimedia files such as music or videos or open documents, pictures, or photos stored in any of your Cloud storage accounts- Save disk space by packaging files: Compress files to save space of your storage and extract compressed files in Zip and RAR formats- Easy file browsing: Browse files easily by category right from File Manager’s home screen: images, videos, music, applications, downloaded, and favorites.
Rating: 4.5 – 4,52,990 votes – Free
3.FX File Explorer
FX is a file explorer built to make working with files and media on your phone or tablet as easy as it is on your computer.You can Bookmark, Arrange by category or file type.You can play Music and Video and browse images with built-in media player
* Productivity-oriented “Home Screen”: Directly access your important folders, media, and cloud storage
* Multiple window support, with dual-view mode to see two windows at once
* “Usage View” mode shows the total size and content makeup of every folder, as you browse and manage files
* Support for most file archive formats
* No advertisements
* No tracking of user activity: FX does not ever “phone home”
* Built by NextApp, Inc., a US corporation founded in 2002; all proprietary code was developed in-house
: 4.5 – 49,116 votes – Free
4.ES File Explorer File Manager
ES File Explorer (File Manager) helps you handle all your files whether they are stored in your device’s memory, microSD card, local area network, and cloud storage accounts.By default, ES File Explorer (File Manager) allows you to copy, move, rename, delete or share files to and from any of your storages. It also lets you browse and access your files by category.
File Manager and Folder Manager
Remote File Access
File transfer and File Explorer
Library and Other
Rating: 4.5 – 25,08,955 votes – Free
5.X-plore File Manager
X-plore File Manager is most Experienced and old file explorer.I was using it in My Symbion Phone (Nokia 52333) and No using it in android also.And still, it is better than many of the file Manger.It Supports Dual-pane tree view, And through it, you can access Root and FTP Directory very easily.Supports External storage through the OTG and many basic + Advanced features, As shown below.
● Dual-pane tree view
● Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Zip, Rar, 7zip, DLNA/UPnP explorer
● Disk Map – see which files consume most space on your disk – http://bit.ly/xp-dmap
● Cloud storage access: Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box.net, Amazon cloud drive, Mega.co.nz, OneDrive, Webdav, ОБЛАКО.mail.ru, Yandex.disk, MediaFire, SugarSync, Dump Truck, Picasa
● SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and SSH Shell – http://bit.ly/xp-ssh ***
● Music player ***
● App manager
● USB OTG
● PDF viewer (on Android 5.0+)
● WiFi file sharing *** – http://bit.ly/xp-wifi
● Manage files from a PC web browser *** – http://bit.ly/xp-web
● Favorite folders
● Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
● Hex viewer
● Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images
● Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
● Multi-selection – always available, yet not disturbing
● View APK files as Zip.
● Share – send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
● Configurable buttons and key shortcuts
● Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
Rating: 4.5 – 1,32,147 votes – Free
6.Total Commander File Manager
It is the Android version of the desktop file manager Total Commander.It is similar to the X-plore
File Manager on the basis of Look and some features. Through it, you can access Root and FTP
Directory very easily.Supports External storage through the OTG and many basic + Advanced features, As shown below. It supports some plugin and these plugins allow you to connect directly
with some well known cloud storage services and
some extra features.
– Copy, Move whole subdirs
– Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
– Inplace rename, create directories
– Delete (no recycle bin)
– Zip and unzip, unrar
– Properties dialog, change permissions
– Built-in text editor
– Search function (also for text)
– Select/unselect groups of files
– Select by tapping on file icons
– Select range: Long tap+release on icon
– List of installed Apps (built-in plugin)
– FTP and SFTP client (plugin)
– WebDAV (Web folders) (plugin)
– LAN access (plugin)
– Plugins for cloud services: Google Drive, Microsoft Live, Dropbox
– Root support for the main functions (optional)
– Send files via Bluetooth (OBEX)
– Thumbnails for pictures
– Two panels side by side, or virtual two panel mode
– Directory history
– Media player which can stream directly from LAN, WebDAV and cloud plugins
– Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands
Rating: 4.5 – 1,55,382 votes – Free
7.File Manager by Flashlight + Clock
File Manager + is easy and powerful file explorer for Android devices. It’s free, fast and full-featured. Because of its simple UI, it’s extremely easy to use. With File Manager +, you can easily manage your files and folders in your device, NAS(Network-attached storage) and cloud storages like Dropbox and Google Drive.
You can manage local and remote/cloud storage. It supports every file management actions (open, search, navigate directory, copy and paste, cut, delete, rename, compress, decompress, transfer, download, bookmark, organize). File Manager Plus supports media files and major file formats including apk.
Major locations and functions of File Manager Plus are as following:
• Main Storage: You can manage all files and folders in your local device storage.
• SD Card: You can manage all files and folders in your SD Card.
• USB Storage: You can manage all files and folders in your USB OTG.
• Downloads: You manage all files (including apk and zip files) in download folder.
• Images: You can manage image and picture files in your storages. Image preview is available. (Supported file formats: bmp, gif, jpg, png and etc)
• Audios: You can manage all music and sound related files. (Supported file formats: mp3, ogg, flac, m4p, wav, wma and etc)
• Videos: You can manage all video files in your device. (Supported file formats: asf, avi, flv, mp4, mpeg, wmv and etc)
• Documents: You can manage all document files in your device. (Supported file formats: doc, ppt, pdf, and etc)
• Apps: You can see all applications installed in your local device. You can stop or delete apps. You can delete data or cash of apps. You can backup your app as apk file also.
• New Files: You can manage new files moved and downloaded to your local device.
• Cloud: You can access your cloud storage such as dropbox and google drive.
• Remote: You can access remote or shared storage like NAS and FTP server.
• Access from PC; You can access your android device storage from PC to manage all files and folders in your local android device using FTP(File Transfer Protocol).
Rating: 4.5 – 13,245 votes – Free
So that’s all about Best All in One File Explorer and Manager apps.there are thousand of similar apps
are available on the google play store and many of them are very good but if you want a good File
Manager and explorer apps you can try one from the above list.These apps are listed here after research
, reading review, rating, and features.Which app did you choose and why?
Share with us in the comments below. We’d love to hear about your explorations.