Our Today’s topic is How to Surf Anonymously on Android Smartphone and this is very trending topic nowadays.Android is the most widely used and customizable mobile OS. Millions of apps, Updates, Roms, Stability, User-friendly UI and also its price makes it most popular Smartphone OS. According to statics of statista.com, In the fourth quarter of 2016, about 82% percent of smartphones sold to end users used Android as its operating system. Android is expected to maintain its smartphone market share of about 85 percent up to 2020, So You can easily understand that Android OS and Smartphones are most popular Smartphones and their popularity is increasing day by day.
As you know ” Popularity is an invitation for haters” and thus with increasing popularity, Risk and the number of Attacks is also increasing on Android OS. It is becoming the center of attraction for Crackers, Hackers, and Trackers.
In previous Post,” How to Surf Anonymously on the Internet without Any Cost” we have talked about Methods to hide ip, methods to change ip, Browsers and software to go Anonymous, Methods to Protect Emails and Messages and chats etc but that post was completely focused on Windows or PC/Lappy users and now we are here again to go completely Anonymous with our Smartphone.According to the United Nations in 2011, 44% of world population are using the Internet. And the Internet is a global computer network providing a variety of information and communication facilities, consisting of interconnected networks using standardized communication protocols.The Internet users do all of the stuff like Communicate with people through Chat, Calls, Video calls, Listening Music, watching Videos, movies, and documentaries, Reading E-Books, Papers, Articles.do research on any topics means “anything”, or just simply surf the internet.
I think most of you heard about the Internet Privacy.And according to Wikipedia
Internet privacy involves the right or mandate of personal privacy concerning the storing, repurposing, provision to third-parties, and displaying of information pertaining to oneself via of the Internet. Internet privacy is a subset of data privacy. Privacy concerns have been articulated from the beginnings of large scale computer sharing.-Wikipedia
Surf Anonymously is a way that prevents a person from being identified by name, IP address, mac address, Location etc.There are many Advantages of Surfing Anonymously and most of them are listed here:-
- Avoid Government Surveillance
- Access Restricted and Foreign Content
- Stay Secure Against Hackers
- Protect Yourself From Cyber Bullies
- Browse The Internet With Complete Privacy
- Avoid Unwanted Targeted Advertisements
How to Surf Anonymously on Android Smartphone
- Websites track visitors to serve ads so Always read the Privacy and policy before creating Account on any Websites.
- Social Media Track where you go so Take a look and do some required changes on privacy setting of your social media accounts.
- Naver trust on the Browser plugins because of most of them stores and shares user’s data.
- Enable ‘Do Not Track’ option in chrome: – At first, open your Chrome browser and then go to settings then click on privacy. After that, you will find “Do Not Track” option at bottom of the page and click on it. Now switch it to ON.Top 10 Fully Loaded Android Browser-speed and UI.
1. Surf Anonymously: Hide IP or Change IP on Android Smartphone
Set a Static IP when you are on wifi: – To set a static IP address in the Android operating system, please follow these steps:.
- Open Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi settings or WLAN.
- Tap and hold the WIFI network you want to connect, until a notification box appears.
- Select Modify Network.
- Tap the checkbox next to Show Advanced Options.
- Choose Static from the IPv4 settings menu.
- Input a static IP information.
- Tap Save.
2. Surf Anonymously on Android by Choosing a VPN
- Hide my ass Free
- Hotspot shield,
I would suggest going for a paid VPN as they can protect you better. Many of them occasionally come out with good discount offers that are easy on the wallet. Just check out VPNs like
- BetterNet Premium,
- Hidemyass pro
3. Surf Anonymously on Android: Hide your IP Address using Web Proxies
4. Surf Anonymously on Android by Changing your Search Engine to DuckDuckGo
I know most of the internet user loves Google but there are many search engine and some of them are very special.One of them are DuckDuckGo (DDG), It is an Internet search engine that emphasizes protecting searchers’ privacy and avoiding the filter bubble of personalized search results. DuckDuckGo distinguishes itself from other search engines by not profiling its users and by deliberately showing all users the same search results for a given search term. DuckDuckGo emphasizes getting information from the best sources rather than the most sources, generating its search results from key crowdsourced sites such as Wikipedia and from partnerships with other search engines like Yandex, Yahoo!, Bing and Yummly.so just change your Search engine or at least give it a try.
- Surf Anonymously on Android using ORFOX and Orbot
5. Surf Anonymously on Android using ORFOX
6. Surf Anonymously on Android using ORBOT
Orbot is the only app that creates a truly private internet connection. As the New York Times writes, “when a communication arrives from Tor, you can never know where or whom it’s from.” Tor won the 2012 Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award.
7. Surf Anonymously: Encrypted Mail Services
8. Surf Anonymously: Encrypted Chatting Apps