What Is Flashing an Android Smartphone:-
Odin Flashing Tool to Flash Samsung Smartphone: –
Odin is firmware flashing tool and it is used to Manually Upgrade or flash Samsung Android Smartphone or tablet.Odin Flashing tool is used to flash only (official or leaked) Stock Rom on Samsung Devices which comes in .tar files. It can’t Flash and recognize Custom rom because it comes in .zip format.To use Odin Flashing tool with Any Samsung phone you first need to properly install latest Samsung USB Drivers for Mobile Phones (link is given in requirements section).
- A Windows PC or lappy with Installed Driver of Your Samsung Smartphone. Download and Install Samsung Android USB drivers from Here.
- Make a complete backup of Your Samsung Smartphone.
- Download Latest and stable Odin Flash tool from Here
- Download Latest firmware for your Samsung Smartphone from Here. (Check Model No. + Android Version)
- Samsung Smartphone with more than 80% Battery life.
- A Data/USB cable.
You may also Like: –
Notes/ Precaution/ Warning Before Flashing a Smartphone:-
- If Odin hangs at setting up connection just unplug the USB cable and reattach it, Odin should now resume.
- Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the Smartphone once the flash has started, it will reboot when it finishes.
- Never try to Downgrade Your Smartphone. Either IMEI no., SN, Wifi/ Bluetooth Address will be lost or Smartphone will be bricked or Dead.
- Never Flash wrong Firmware or Firmware of other smartphones on Any Android Smartphone.It can make your Smartphone DEAD. “I have tried two times now I have 2 dead Smartphone.”
- Flashing is sometimes risky so TRY IT ON YOUR RISK.We are not responsible for any damage.
How to Manually Update or Flash Samsung Phone using Odin
- Make a complete Backup of your Samsung Smartphone Before try anything.
- Find and Download the Correct firmware file for your Samsung Smartphone/Tablet from the above-given link.
- Download the latest Odin from the above link.
- Install the Odin Tool and Open it to Flash firmware on Your Samsung Smartphone
- Make Sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset options are checked or enabled, and other options should be left at their default values.
- Make sure that re-partition option is not ticked and do not load the PIT file found inside the firmware zip file as it will repartition the Disk space. I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION.
- Now boot your Samsung Smartphone into Download mode by Turn off the phone and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until the warning screen appears.
- Now hit the Power button to confirm that you want to enter into Download mode.
- Connect Your Samsung Smartphone to PC using a USB cable and wait for any required drivers to install and the ID:COM section to turn blue.
- Now Select the firmware file by clicking the AP/PDA button in Odin.
- Click on Start and the firmware installation process will begin. It will take few minutes to complete and then a “PASS” message will be displayed on the screen.
You may also like: –
That’s it! I hope you can successfully Manually Upgrade or flash Samsung Smartphone using Odin Flashing Tool and all above steps.These steps will be common to flash Samsung Android Smartphone.You just have to take care of Driver, Warnings, Precautions and all the steps.Flashing can solve some common problems like repairing Bricked and Non-Bricked Smartphones, Upgrading to the newer version of Android etc. it at the same time it is risky because if you flashed a wrong file or tried to downgrade to an older version of android then it can seriously damage your smartphone so take care of all the precautions. If you liked the post share it with others and if you have any suggestion, doubt or advice related to this post use the comment area.Keep visiting.