How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – Exynos – GT-N5100 /GT-N5110
TWRP File Deleted so this tutorial will not Work
Andro Root is back, with a Step by step guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is recently released in the market and it was one of the most awaited flagship smartphones from Samsung this year.Before going to root this smartphone here is the list of
- 12MP Dual Camera with Dual OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom and 8MP front facing camera with image recording, touch focus and face smile detection
- 16.05 centimeters (6.3-inch) QHD+ capacitive touchscreen. 1440 x 2960 resolution. 521 ppi pixel density. 18.5.9 aspect ratio
- Exynos 8895 10nm octa-core processor 2.3GHz + 1.7GHz. Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB and dual-SIM dual-standby (4G+4G)
- 3300mAH lithium-ion battery. Up to 22 hours talk-time on 3G
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
What is Android Rooting? and Advantages and Disadvantages of rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- What is Android Rooting?
- Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android os to gain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.Rooting lets all user-installed applications run privileged commands typically unavailable to the devices in the stock configuration. Rooting is required for more advanced and potentially dangerous operations including modifying or deleting system files, removing pre-installed applications, and low-level access to the hardware itself (rebooting, controlling status lights, or recalibrating touch inputs.) A typical rooting installation also installs the Superuser application, which supervises applications(as explained above in What is Superuser?) that are granted root or superuser rights by requesting approval from the user before granting said permissions.
- If you want To know More About Android Rooting than Visit one of Andro Root Most Visited Post –
- Advantage and Disadvantage- Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Advantage of Rooting an Android Phones
- Run Root required Applications(15 Must-Have Apps After Rooting Your Android Smart Phone)
- Run Custom ROMs
- Free Internal Storage( How To Speedup Your Android Smartphone Easily.)
- Remove unnecessary app from System.
- Block Internet and wifi For a particular app.
- Install app in system.(Replace launcher.)
- Modify Settings.(Theming, Notification led, Power menu, button behavior and so on)
- Backup app data
- Replace system boot animation, sounds, font etc.
- You can do many more thing with Xposed app.which required root permission.
- Disadvantages of Rooting Your Android
- Your Phone Might Get Bricked (if something goes wrong)
- You End up Voiding Phone’s Warranty.
- Your phone will be less secure.
- In some model of popular smartphone After rooting you will not get the system update.
or just leave this post and enjoy Andro Root’s Best Posts.
Requirements To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Download and install Odin on your PC.
- Enable Developer Option.
- Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (if Available).
- TWRP recovery is available for Samsung Galaxy Note 8- GT-N5100 and GT-N5110 so check your Model and then Download the proper TWRP Recovery( .tar file )for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Download and copy latest SuperSU (I have used SuperSU 2.82 SR4) to Ext SD card.
- Make sure your Smartphone is fully charged or at least 80% charged.And having a good internet connection.
- USB Cable.
Method to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Install TWRP Recovery using Odin Install Method (No Root Required)
- Power off your device.
- Turn on your device using the proper key combo (Press Vol down + Bixby + Power) to get into download mode and press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
- Connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode.
- Wait until Odin detects the device.
- Launch Odin with Administrator permission and Check ‘Auto reboot’ from options menu of Odin.
- When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connection will be indicated by a message saying Added. If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
- Use the PDA tab of Odin or button to browse to and select the .tar file that you downloaded.
- Click on Start to Flash the device.Once Successfully flashed, you will see ‘Passed’ in Odin tab.
- “Now, to Root Your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, immediately Disconnect the device and hold Vol down + Home till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot into TWRP Recovery “
Done. Congratulation you have installed TWRP Custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. And Now Your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is ready to be rooted, So let’s move to the next and main Part of this Post which is.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 without PC
- After Step “5. A from Method to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 8” which was “Now, to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8, immediately Disconnect the device and hold Vol down + Home till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot into TWRP Recovery “
- Select to allow modification
- From TWRP, Select WIPE menu – Then FORMAT DATA – You need to type ‘yes’ to perform a wipe. WARNING: This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
- Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT’ Menu and then – ‘RECOVERY’, This will reboot to TWRP again
- Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card – SuperSU, you have copied earlier
- Once SuperSu flash successfully, Reboot to System
- Keep patience and allow the device to boot, It may take time as we have formatted data.
- Once device boot, you will have SuperSU in app drawer with working boot.
That’s it, By Following All the Above Steps Carefully you can easily Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8, without any single problem.”Try this method at your own risk, Neither we ( Andro Root) Nor Team Win will take any responsibility for any damage that may occur from rooting or installing or using TWRP.” If any Problem Occur Ask it using Comment Section here or XDA forum.Good Luck and Keep Visiting.