Two giant companies Google and Amazon are developing Speakers with their own Voice based Personal Assistant. These speakers are not just for listening songs and music but these smart speakers are capable to answer your simple Questions, Read News and information for you, attend hands-free calls and to control a wide range of other smart devices and many more, just by your Voice. These Smart Speakers are giving a good and healthy competition to each other and that’s why we also prepared this Article “The Ultimate Comparison: Google Home Vs Amazon Echo ” to share all the details about features, design, hardware, Limitation and Pros and cons of Google Home and Amazon Echo.
Here is The Ultimate Comparison: Google Home Vs Amazon Echo, We will Introduce Amazon Echo and Google Home first. So Let’s start The Ultimate Comparison: Google Home Vs Amazon Echo.
Google Home Vs Amazon Echo
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Introduction
Google Home is a smart speaker with Google Assistant, developed by Google. The first Google Home Smart speaker was released in the United States in November 2016, with subsequent releases globally throughout 2017.Google Home Smart speakers enable users to speak voice commands to interact with services through Google Assistant.Google Home’s internal hardware is similar to second-generation Chromecast Including the same ARM processor and Wi-Fi chip.
Multi-user supported Google Home can distinguish up to six people by voice.It has a large number of services integrated which allows users to listen to music, receive news updates entirely by voice, add reminders and calendar appointments, and control playback of Multimedia. Google Home Smart speaker has integrated support for home automation so users can control smart home appliances with their voice.
Amazon Echo or Echo is a brand of smart speakers with Alexa developed by Amazon. Amazon Echo became widely available in the United States in June 2015 and in the United Kingdom in September 2016.The second-generation Echo is available in 34 countries from December 2017.The devices connect to the voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service Alexa, This voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service Alexa respond to the name “Alexa”. the word “Alexa” is a “wake word” for the device and it can be replaced by the user to “Amazon”, “Echo” or “Computer”. The device is capable of voice interaction, setting alarms, music playback, playing audiobooks, making to-do lists, streaming podcasts, and it can also provide other real-time information like weather and traffic. It can also control several smart devices acting as a home automation hub.
Amazon Echo continuously listens to all the speech using the Echo’s microphones, To monitor for the wake word to be spoken.Echo’s microphones can be manually disabled by pressing a mute button to turn off the audio processing circuit.Echo devices require a wireless Internet connection in order to work and process.Amazon Echo’s voice recognition capability is based on Amazon Web Services and voice platforms Yap, Evi, and IVONA.
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Features
Features of Google Home:
- Various forms of both in-house and third-party services are integrated.
- Voice commands to control interaction.
- An intelligent personal assistant, Google Assistant.
- Google Home can handle different grammatical structures and syntax for the same question.
- Google Home allows us to speak naturally without us having to learn its own language
- It is able to engage in two-way conversations with users.
- Google Home can recognize up to six different voices,
- it’s Cast supported it means that you can send video to a Google Chromecast
- Google Home supports hands-free calling.
- Google Home supports Bluetooth audio streaming through compatible devices like phones, tablets, and computers,
- It is also able to schedule calendar appointments, with upcoming support for reminders.
- Google Home can process data and information from all six different accounts depending on who’s talking.
- Supported services with Google Home:
|Videos and Photos
|For news updates
The Wall Street Journal
Google Play Music
Features of Amazon Echo:
- Amazon Echo is powered by voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service Alexa.
- Natural lifelike voices which is a result of a better speech-unit technology.
- Sophisticated natural language processing (NLP) algorithms built into the Echo’s text-to-speech (TTS) engine.
- Multi-user Support.
- Amazon Echo can be easily used
- To play music,
- To set alarms and timers,
- Provide information and News,
- To check your calendar
- For weather report and sports scores,
- To manage to-do and shopping lists,
- To control smart home devices,
- Powerful speakers that fill the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- With inbuilt seven microphones, and technologies like beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation,
- Echo hears you from any direction- even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- You can easily control some smarty gadgets and devices like lights, switches, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska, and others.
- Amazon Echo can be linked with a Fire TV device, So video playback options are available but, It lacks to broadcast music.
- Alexa Skills: Alexa is continuously improving and getting smarter and adding new features and skills.
- Now you can Ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and many more services just by your voice.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre and it can play music from your favorite services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, TuneIn, and more.
- Supported Sevices with Amazon Echo:
local radio stations
Google Play Music
From Phone & Tablet
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Hardware and Design
Both are super impressive and definitely looks amazing in Your Room.Both have High-quality speaker and Good Audio Amplifier Circuit.
Google Home Hardware and Design
Google Home looks beautiful and attractive its body is made of high-quality material.There is a small speaker at the bottom and this bottom part is a little bit thicker than the upper part which gives it a Curved shape. It weighs almost 1.05 oz. Assembled Product Dimensions of Google Home are 9.19 x 3.79 x 5.62 Inches It is a tall Curved cylinder Smart Speaker.Google Home’s internal hardware is similar to second-generation Chromecast Including the same ARM processor and Wi-Fi chip.
Amazon Echo Hardware and Design
Amazon Echo consists of a 9.25 inch (23.5 cm) tall cylinder speaker with a seven-piece microphone array.Amazon Echo is available in six finishes (three material, two wood, and a metallic choice).its body is made of high-quality material.The Echo hardware complement includes a Texas Instruments DM3725 ARM Cortex-A8 processor, 256MB of LPDDR1 RAM and 4GB of storage space.There is 7 inbuilt Microphone to hear you clearly with noise cancellation technology.
You May Also Like:-Weather Forecasting Apps to Weatherproof your day
Google Assistant vs Alexa: Virtual Personal Assistant
Google Home is Powered by imaginatively named Google Assistant and Amazon Echo is Powered by Alexa.Both devices support multiple users, using voice recognition so that you can get a tailored calendar and route information.
Google Assistant is completely based on Google’s overall architecture and This gives the Google Home more Advantages.You can access the information on every device where Google Assistant is installed. So You can make a shopping list using Google Home and the Assistant will remember you on your Phone.Powered By Google so you can you can ask for directions or traffic reports to anywhere, with the results being pulled from Google Maps.Google Home can handle different grammatical structures and syntax for the same question.Google Home allows us to speak naturally without us having to learn its own language.It is able to engage in two-way conversations with users based on Google’s own natural language processing algorithm. .Google Home can recognize up to six different voices.
One Other hand, Amazon Alexa is able of understanding simple commands, a series of simple commands, and some more basic instruction and information.To operate Alexa you have to phrase things in a particular way for her to understand you, and the language you have to use is not always natural.The Echo can only give you traffic information to one address that you enter into the Alexa app.If Alexa can’t do something, there’s an app store of Skills that let you expand capabilities of Amazon Echo.Echo has provided inconsistent responses to users as reported when asked common questions. Echo sometimes confuses certain homophones.
Google Assistant is the winner because it is very intelligent and Responsive it can understand your command and question better than Amazon Alexa.But it doesn’t mean that Alexa is not good. Alexa has Skillset and a store full of skills so you can add more skills if required.
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Home Automation
- With Google Home’s Home Automation users can control smart home appliances Like lights, thermostat, smart plugs and more. Google Home works with more than 1,000 smart devices from over 150 popular brands.
- With Amazon Alexa Home Automation You can easily control some smart gadgets and devices like lights, switches, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska, and others.
Both can control a wide range of Smart Gadgets and Devices, and both are improving their skills. But I will give Amazon Echo a plus point because of Alexa Skills Kit, Smart Home Skill AP, Alexa skills.Which is used to easily teach Alexa how to control cloud-controlled lighting and thermostat devices. All of the code runs in the cloud – nothing is on any user device. So Alexa is learning very fast, communication will be easier and fast, Plus the Easy voice commands will definitely help the user.
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Privacy Concerns and Limitation
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Privacy concerns
- Both will always be listening to detect if a user has used the Woke Up word.So They are listening to your Conversations, Calls, TV, Radio even your Footstep.
- Google Home and Amazon Echo Both send voice recordings and information to the cloud service to improve response to future questions.
- Amazon retains digital recordings of users’ audio spoken while the device is activated And the same thing Google Does.
- Google Home and Amazon Echo both store your location( Alexa companion app) and Locations data related to your searches.
- Both the Smart speakers are controlled by voice. So It is possible that they can easily wake up just by a simple command. It is also possible that both can be activated (without your knowledge) by the sounds that are coming from Your TV, Computer or neighbors voice and as you know they record every single voice after activation.
So If you are concerned about your Privacy, data, and information then these devices are not for you.
Google Home vs Amazon Echo: Limitations and Disadvantages
Google Home and Amazon Echo, Both have Some limitations
- Purchasing Items in some of the categories is not available.
- Amazon Fresh, Amazon Prime Pantry, Prime Now, or Add-On items are not supported for ordering
- The shopping list function allows no more than one item to be added at a time,
- Google Home is Not very compatible with some of the Google Products.
- With Google Home, You’ll have to use your phone for Emails.
- Google Home doesn’t support shared or secondary calendars.
- With Google home, an Additional $35 Chromecast is required to stream to external speakers.
- Google Assistant is Different from Google Now. It will create a confusion for the user.
- Both Smart Speakers are corded, not battery powered.
Google SmartSpeakers vs Amazon Smart Speakers: Products and Price
Google launched 3 Smart Speakers and on the other hand, Amazon launched 7. Price and Products are listed below.I found that Google’s Smart speakers are hard to find and order online, On the Other hand, Amazon’s Smart speakers can be easily ordered through Amazon Online Store.
|Home ~ $99.00 to $129.00||Echo ~ $84.99 to $99.00|
|Home Mini ~$39.00 to $49.00||Echo Dot~$39.99 to $49.99|
|Home Max ~399.00||Echo Tap|
|Echo Show ~ $149.99 to $229.99|
|Echo Spot ~$114.99 to $129.99|
In this competition “Amazon Echo Vs Google Home “of Smart speaker’s Price and Product between Google and Amazon. Amazon is winning the game because they are providing their product at less price.One more thing Amazon Echo’s Maximum is Google Home’s Minimum. And if we talk about products Amazon’s Smart speakers come in more variants compared to Google Smart Speaker. Amazons Smart Speaker Comes in the Different Price range (Starting at $ 39) so it is available for all. So the result of the Price and Products war Amazon Wins.Amazon Echo is Providing More feature in less price.
Where To Buy Amazon Echo
So now it is clearly visible that Amazon Echo is better than Google Home and it also costs less than Google home , so if you are planning to buy a Smart Speaker then you can buy Amazon Echo and other Amazon Smart Speakers from Above links at the Product and price table or directly click on the below image.Both Are Available on the online stores Like Amazon.com and walmart.com.Click on the image to Buy It.
You May Also Like:- Is Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II Worth To You?
Conclusion: Amazon Echo Vs Google Home
So in this New Age of Smart Speaker, we have compared two of the Most popular Rival Smart Speakers under the topic Google Home Vs Amazon Echo.Amazon Echo and Google Home Both are unique and powered by Voice base personal Assistant. After the complete comparison and research, we have found that Amazon Echo is definitely better than Google Home.Amazon Echo has some unique features that Google home don’t have, Like Noise cancelation, Powerful Speaker for 360° omnidirectional sound, set of headphones, Skillset, Beamforming Technology, More supported Services etc.and these features makes it the winner of this competition of Smart Speakers. Amazon Echo also needs some improvement in Alexa and better skill to understand phrase and command. But it is regularly improving and updating so maybe we will see the better and improved Alexa.When we talk about Google Home its key feature is that it is based on Google architecture and Google Assistant, and cast support Which makes it promising, But it still needs some improvement and new features.It is also noticeable and considerable thing is that Amazon Echo is providing better feature and quality at less price so You Can easily understand that Amazon Echo is a Better Choice if you want to buy a Smart Speaker.
All the logos and products belong to their Respective Owners, We are not trying to break any Copyright laws, If you have any Complain regarding the images feel free to contact us, We will remove/Edit that particular Image.
Sourabh Kumar ( Admin)
I hope you will like this Post “Google Home vs Amazon Echo” and If you have any Suggestion and advise feel free to use the comment section. Keep Visiting and Sharing.