Basically, I am a Hardcore laptop user. My laptop works for me all day and half night without any serious complaints (other than Freeking Windows Updates). But nowadays workload on me and my lappy increased, And I feel to give My lappy some rest.To do that, I need a Separate PC which will run all day and manage all My Work. But after taking a look in my small Room I asked myself where I will put the Computer table in my room? I dropped the idea to buy a PC and Computer Table. And Started doing research about how we can eliminate the need for Computer table and CPU cabinet.
I found some cool idea of compact CPU which will take less space and also we can modify it according to our need but they are compact and still need some space. I got the idea Why not hang the complete computer on the wall? In this way, it will take very less space and also give my room a technical but magical look. To complete this Project and to build this Wall Mounted Computer I need all the basic part/Component and hardware of a Personal computer. And I was a lucky little bit in that Because I was having 2 Personal computer in my home which is not of any use anymore because all my family members are using a separate laptop so the best thing of this project is that it is completely built from the old materials, CPU Parts etc.
Introduction of Wall Mounted Computer
As the Name of this Project indicates The CPU and Monitor will be Mounted On Wall using 4 Screws. I used wireless Mouse+Keyboard Combo to operate this beautiful Computer.The base of the project is made from old Plywood.I used Black Chart Paper to cover the Plywood but you can paint it.I also used Plexiglass from Old Nameplate to increase the light effect and the Beauty of this Wall mounted Computer.I used an old Motherboard, SMPS, RAM, the Hard disks and all cables from some old Computer.I also Attached a lamp which I got from a very old Table Lamp.
- This Wall Mounted Computer will take almost no space + you can Operate it from anywhere in the room using the wireless mouse + Keyboard Combo.
- This can be also used as decorative Light, Emergency Light.
- This Computer also can be used as a decorative item on your wall.
Tools I Used to Build Wall Mounted Computer
I don’t have big machines so I used all the hand tools.It takes some time but does my work.
- Hand Saw
- Hand Drill or drill machine.
- Soldering iron
- Circular/ Hole saw
- Nose Piller
- Wire Cutter
- Sharp art and craft knife
- Scale, Pencil, White Marker/Pen/ Whitener.
Computer Parts to Build Wall Mounted Computer
You Need Some regular computer parts as I did in the First version of Wall Mounted Computer. But later I Upgraded Every single thing to convert it to Liquid Cooled Wall Mounted Computer. It takes time and lots of money. So if you are buying these computer Parts then there are some seriously improved parts available in the market. Look for Liquid/water cooling system with supporting parts. To convert this common Wall Mounted Computer to a Liquid Cooled Wall Mounted Computer.
- Mother Board with Up to date processor.
- RAM (Minimum 4GB) I am using 4+2 GB RAM.
- Harddisk ( My first choice was SSD, but No Money+ No Luck)
- Power buttons and Connecting Wires
Material I Used
(Measurement depends on your own Parts)
- 42 X 42 Cm Plywood piece ( Old Furniture or Bed) = 1
- 12 X 10 cm Plexiglass = 1 (Power + Restart + LED Controller)
- 12 X 5 cm Plexiglass = 2 (USB + Audio Jack))
- 11 X 17 cm Plexiglass = 3 (HDD)
- 23 X 22 cm Plexiglass = 1 (MotherBoard)
- 17 X 10 cm Plexiglass = 1 (SMPS)
- 44 X 44 cm Black coloured Chart Paper = 1
- Whitener = 1
- Glu ( i used Fevicol MR) = 1 small
- Wireless Keyboard mouse combo.
- Wall stand for your monitor/ LCD.
- Screw, Nut, and Bolt.
Electronics parts I Used To Make This Wall Mounted Computer more Attractive
- 1 X 12 v Adapter
- 1 X 12 v Chargeable Battery.
- 4 X leads ( I am suffering from Digital EYE Strain and Blue lights hearts my eyes very badly so I chose RED Led, But trust me Blue will look more beautiful as I observed after adding RGB)
- 4 X 220 ohm Resistors
- 1 X 1K ohm Resistors
- 1 X 10K Potential Meter
- 5v LED Strip
- 1 X 7805 Voltage Regulator IC, with a heatsink.
- 1 X 10uf capacitor
- 1 X 1uf capacitor
You May Also Like:- How to Make an All in One Homemade Soldering Stand
Steps I Followed to Build this beautiful Wall mounted Computer v1
I don’t think that written steps will be enough for it so just take a look at the attached pictures and use your mind and Creativity to arrange things and fix them all on the Plyboard.
I will also suggest you take some time and observe the suitable place for devices and holes so it will be easier to mount the parts on the plyboard.
a. Arranged Computer Parts and the Complete measurement
- First of all, I checked my old Computer and then Unmounted all the parts from it using a screwdriver. So in this step, I Checked and Arranged all Computer parts from my old Computer.
- Then I placed all the parts/Components close to each other on a tracing paper and marked all the required holes, parts place, Holes for wires. and all the required measurements of all the parts and the whole project.
- Please mind the length of connecting wires. Especially from SMPS to all Devices.
- I Increased the area of the parts about 1 cm each side ( To screw them to the board) of all measurements and cut the plexiglass of the new size.
- For Example:- The size of the motherboard was 22x21cm, but I cut the plexiglass of 23x22cm.
- Now arranged all the plexiglasses parts on a new trace paper.noted the full area of my Computer.With this size adjustment, I calculated the final size of the plyboard which was (40x40cm).
b. The base of the Project
- Now, After The Previous steps, I got the Final dimensions(40X40 cm) of the whole project and fixed the place for the parts.
- Now as I said Got the size of the whole project. But I increased the size of Plyboard by 2 cm on each side. To make room for Plexiglass edges.
- So I cut the plyboard of 42×42 cm. and drilled all the holes and also drilled and cut larger holes for connecting wires.
- So till now, I got the measurement and a base with some holes, To decorate it Used a Black Chart paper of size 44×44 cm and Then I glued the chart paper and drown some circuit type of artwork(and I am really impressed with my self), and this Black and white Combination looks really good.
- I also Drilled 4 holes at all 4 sides ( not on corners) to fix this board to the wall.
c. Computer Parts and how I fixed them.
- To fix the Computer parts on the plyboard, I arranged all the plexiglass and fix them temporarily using tape.
- I drilled 1 hole in the middle of each side in the increased size of plexiglass.
- Connected and Fixed all the Computer parts on the plexiglass and then on plywood.
- Checked all the connection and nut bolts.
- Now Switched it ON and checked once again that all parts are working.
- Now Fixed the Monitor on the wall and then above the monitor, Fix the Computer, by drilling in the wall and using screws.
d. Decorative LEDs and Lamp
- I connected 4 LEDs in series with 220ohm Resistors with each LED, and 10K potentiometer at just after the power supply.Later, I also added 1 x 1K resistor between Power supply and potentiometer to protect the circuit and LED.
- After it, I fixed this Circuit and LEDs on the plyboard. I used 12v rechargeable battery to light it up.
- Make sure the LED is placed in a way that it touches the Plexiglass. So the Light will be spread on whole Plexiglass piece.
- I also attached a modified lamp to the plyboard.
- Replaced AC bulb with 5v LED Strip. I converted 12v to 5v using 7805 voltage regulator ic to give it required power.
- That’s it Connect it to the power supply and start it UP.
“Upgradation” I was talking About:-
So Three Months later today my Wall Mounted Computer is completely different, now it is version 3 More Powerful, Quicker and More Attractive. It is now Completly Liquide Cooled, 3 Monitor setup and having Bright RGB LED (Moodlamp) Controlled through Arduino+Knob or wirelessly through the Smartphone. It is amazing and really beautiful. Believe me, whenever I turn it on, I get satisfied.
Now Let me Clear that I am writing similar articles for Version 2 and Version 3. and I will publish soon so keep visiting and supporting.Now in this article, I am just adding some of the changes I have done to make it more powerful, Quicker and More attractive.
Version 2: Wall Mounted Computer with Decorative RGB
Two weeks after completing the version 1 of Wall Mounted Computer
- I replaced Normal LED with RGB LEDs and also added a circuit that will help this LED to sync with the music. So this new setup will also work like a mood lamp.
- Wireless Surround Sound Setup, on board.
Version 3: Dream Comes True: Wall Mounted Liquid Cooling Gaming Computer
- Version 2 + Liquid Cooling Hardware. Upgraded Motherboard, processor, RAM, Power supply unit and Memory.
- SSD added
- Some Basic Automation. To switch it ON the circuit Automatically keeping the CPU OFF, and Play some Initiation sound. Like ” Hello Sir”. Jarvis type of Things.
- 3 Monitor gaming Setup.
- Obstacle following Lamp. So now lamp follows my hands.
- Gesture Controlling unit. Of course, Made by me I will share with you soon.
You may Also Like:-5 Unique Invention to Harvest Eco-Friendly Energy
Ohk, this post is all about the Wall Mounted Computer By me to save some space in my room and also to show my engineering Creativity.I learned a lot and still learning and I am really satisfied with my work. And now it is working perfectly without any problem. As I am learning day by day I am improving it day by day. So Friends if you wanna suggest some improvement in it or I am missing something, Please don’t feel shy and use the Comment section below. Thank You For visiting and be Creative. Thank you.