How to Copy Text from Image : You can copy text from this page but you can’t Copy Text from Image / Picture. You can try to Copy Text from Image given below, The method double-click on that word/Image and press ctrl+c key from the keyboard but It doesn’t work when you try to copy text from Image. Because in the picture, texts are converted to part of that image so texts and images are mixed with each other. They can’t be extracted directly and easily. But with the help of some very good and smart apps and software it can be done These methods is based on “Optical Character Recognition (OCR), OCR is a process that recognizes text shown in pictures. This offers a convenient way to capture useful and important information that you would otherwise have to manually retype (for example, text on a business card or on a printed purchase receipt). Read more about OCR at Wikipedia
Optical character recognition (optical character reader, OCR) is the mechanical or electronic conversion of images of typed, handwritten or printed text into machine-encoded text, whether from a scanned document, a photo of a document, a scene-photo (for example the text on signs and billboards in a landscape photo) or from subtitle text superimposed on an image (for example from a television broadcast). It is widely used as a form of data entry from printed paper data records, whether passport documents, invoices, bank statements, computerised receipts, business cards, mail, printouts of static-data, or any suitable documentation. It is a common method of digitising printed texts so that they can be electronically edited, searched, stored more compactly, displayed on-line, and used in machine processes such as cognitive computing, machine translation, (extracted) text-to-speech, key data and text mining. OCR is a field of research in pattern recognition, artificial intelligence and computer vision.so today in the post i am going to explain three methods to copy text from image.
Updated on 27 the June 2018: One More method added !! Check the first one,
1. How to Copy Text from Image using Google Drive and Docs
This is the Easiest and quickest method I have ever found to copy text from Image. You just have to upload your file to the google drive and then you have to open that file on google docs. all the text will be converted to the text, just below the image.
Convert an image file into text using Google Docs
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Upload the image.
- Right-click on the uploaded image file.
- Click Open with Google Docs.
- The image file will be converted to a Google Doc, but some formatting might not transfer:
- Bold, italics, font size, font type, and line breaks are most likely to be retained.
- Lists, tables, columns, footnotes, and endnotes are likely not be detected.
2. Copy Text from Image Using OneNote
- Scan or snap a picture of the text you want to capture.
- Insert or paste the picture on any page in OneNote.
- Control-click the picture, and then click Copy Text from Picture.
- In your notes (or in any other app), place the cursor where you want to paste the copied text, and then press Command-V.
3. Copy Text from Image Using online Free OCR Tool
4. Copy Text from Image using Google Chrome Extension
Project Naptha is a browser extension software for Google Chrome that allows users to highlight, copy, edit and translate text from within images. It was created by developer Kevin Kwok, and released on April 2014 as a Chrome add-on. This software was first made available only on Google Chrome, downloadable from the Chrome Web Store. By adopting several Optical Character Recognition (OCR) algorithms, including libraries developed by Microsoft Research and Google, the text is automatically identified in images. The OCR enables the build-up of a model of text regions, words and letters from all images.
The OCR technology that Project Naptha adopts is a slightly differentiated technology in comparison to the technology used by software such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneNote to facilitate and analyze text within images. Project Naptha also makes use of a method called Stroke Width Transform (SWT), developed by Microsoft Research in 2008 as a form of text detection.
After Adding Extension in Chrome and selecting the image You can watch as moving your cursor over a block of words changes it into the little I-beam. You can drag over a few lines and watch as a semitransparent blue box highlights the text, helping you keep track of where you are and what you’re reading. Hit Ctrl+C to copy the text, where you can paste it into a search bar, a Word document, an email or a chat window. Right-click and you can erase the words from an image, edit the words, or even translate it into a different language.
5. Copy Text from Image in Android using Text Fairy App
• Converts an image to text.
• Correct the viewpoint of an image.
• Edit extracted text.
• Copy extracted text into the clipboard for use in other apps.
• Convert the scanned page into PDF.
• Recognizes printed text from more than 50 languages.
• Free and no ads.
Please bear in mind that:
• You need to take sharp images with good lightning for best results.
• The text fairy cannot read handwriting. Icon Design by Hooi Zhoong (email@example.com)
Copying Text from Image is a very useful thing to make notes, Copy contact details and copying any important thing from an image to any word documents. In this post, We have added all methods to copy text from any image or extract text from the image. All methods are very useful and impressive so Use any of them to complete your work and please share your experience with us about these tools and apps.