As you Know Custom Recovery in Android is a very important thing for all the users who care about their Device. Custom Recovery allows us to Backup/Restore our System, Flash Custom ROM, Flash important modification/ .zip files, and many more. It is essential for our smartphone, and when the custom recovery is TWRP then it is incomparable (we will talk about it later). On June 8, 2019 A post has been published on xda-developers.com and it states that The official TWRP recovery is available for the OnePlus 6, Huawei P20 Pro, HTC Desire 830, Nubia M2, Planet Gemini PDA, LG G4 all variants and Vanzo A315. We were excited to try the TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6 and Other devices so we arranged 3 devices from these devices and tested it, That’s Why We are late. And After all the effort we are here with TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6, Huawei P20 Pro, HTC Desire 830, Nubia M2, Planet Gemini PDA, LG G4, LG G5 – US unlocked, Motorola Moto E4 , Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 , Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime , Sony Xperia X , Sony Xperia X Compact , Xiaomi Mi Note 3 all variants and Vanzo A315.
TWRP Stands ForTeam Win Recovery Project. TWRP is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices. TWRP provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows Us to Backup/Restore our System, Flash Custom ROM, Flash important modification/ .zip files, and many more. It is often installed after rooting Android devices, although It can also be installed on unrooted Android Smartphone. It provides a backup plan to Unbrick/Repair Android Smartphones that’s why we are happy to see TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6, Huawei P20 Pro and More.
TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6
TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6 has been released by Dees_Troy. The Flashing Procedure is Little Bit different than what you may be used to on previous OnePlus devices, It is different because of Google’s Project Treble that adds A/B partition scheme and the lack of a dedicated recovery partition.
In TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6, MTP support is currently disabled, Because it causes a kernel panic with stock kernel. It will be solved in next future update.
How To install TWRP on OnePlus 6
We are providing here the procedure to install TWRP On OnePlus 6, For Other Devices, you have to visit the links which are given after the Steps part.
- ADB/Fastboot Setup setup
- twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip (Only for OnePlus 6)
- twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img (Only for OnePlus 6)
Steps: TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6, Huawei P20 Pro and More.
- First of all, You need to have ADB/Fastboot setup in yourv computer. Installation instruction Are given Here: See this article.
- After It, you will need to download twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip on your OnePlus 6.
- Then You will need to download twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img to your PC from the link given in the requirements. Match the Name before downloading.
- Now, power off your OnePlus 6.
- Hold Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into bootloader.
- Now connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.
- Open a command prompt in the ADB?fast boot Folder.
- Navigate to your twrp-3.2.1-o-enchilada.img is located and Type following command in command prompt and Press enter.
- fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img
- Now your OnePlus 6 have booted into TWRP temporarily. To install TWRP On OnePlus 6 permanently, go into Install section in your TWRP and select the twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip we’ve downloaded in step 2.
- Now If you previously rooted your device with Magisk, then you will need to flash Magisk again.
That’s it! You have successfully Installed TWRP on OnePlus 6.
TWRP Recovery for Huawei P20 Pro, HTC Desire 830 and More
We have provided steps to install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6. You can find Download links and procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro, HTC Desire 830 and others from Here.
- Huawei P20 Pro
- HTC Desire 830
- LG G4 All variants
- Planet Gemini PDA
- Vanzo A315
- Nubia M2
- LG G5 – US unlocked
- Motorola Moto E4
- Samsung Galaxy A3 2017
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime
- Sony Xperia X
- Sony Xperia X Compact
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
You may Also Like: What Is XAPK and How To Install XAPK on Android
So Finally TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6, Huawei P20 Pro, HTC Desire 830, Nubia M2, Planet Gemini PDA, LG G4 all variants and Vanzo A315 is officially available now. TWRP Custom Recovery allows us to Backup/Restore our System, Flash Custom ROM, Flash important modification/ .zip files, and many more. At last, we request you to try the procedure at your own risk, It worked for me and many others but still there is some risk.